Why is there an access fee required to maintain my instructor status?
|NRP Instructors noted the need for tools and resources to assist in course planning and preparation, as well as continuous and ongoing educational experiences. Based on this feedback, the NRP Steering Committee decided to sunset the NRP Instructor DVD and NRP Instructor Manual, and replace with access to the NRP Instructor Toolkit.|
The Toolkit offers several benefits, including:
• All instructional resources in one location (keyword searchable). For example, if the keyword is "laryngeal mask," the Instructor Toolkit database will list links to NRP Instructor Update articles, instructional videos from the online Instructor Course, any simulation videos using the laryngeal mask, podcasts, NRP eSimulation, ILCOR worksheets, etc.
• No NRP Instructor Manual to purchase because all relevant content is online
• No NRP Instructor DVD to purchase (replaced by the online Instructor course)
• Online examination access for instructors, including continuing education credit
• Online Instructor Course access to instructor candidates and current NRP instructors
• Webinar for NRP Instructor Mentors available anytime for review and guidance
• Downloadable PDFs of most commonly used documents and checklists for use in NRP Provider courses
• Podcasts by neonatal resuscitation experts
• Because there will be no printed Instructor Manual, the AAP will have the ability to update educational materials and provide new resources throughout the life of the 7th Edition