How can I become an NRP Instructor (7th Ed)?
Any NRP provider who wishes to become an instructor must apply online to the American Academy of Pediatrics to become an instructor candidate, then begin the training process, which will include completing an online instructor course and choosing an instructor mentor.
To access the 7th Edition instructor candidate application:
- Visit healthstream.com/hlc/aap or http://www2.aap.org/nrp and click the NRP LMS Login under Quick Links
- Select “Create User ID and Password”
- For Institution select “Self-Registration”
- Once logged in, go to the Profile tab, then select “Resuscitation Cards”
- The application will be on the right-hand side of the screen
Once your application is approved, you will then have access to purchase the 7th Edition Instructor Candidate Curriculum. The curriculum is $149. Following the approval of your application, you will have 30 days to enroll in the curriculum and you have a year to achieve instructor status.